Thursday, October 29, 2015

Abby in the Abbey: "Forever" Vows







Whew!  It has been a long time since I sat down to write something to everyone.  This past week-end I was sooo busy helping the Sisters because two of my bestest friends, Sr. Fidelis Marie and Sr. Madeleine made their “forever” vows.  That means they will stay here forever and gosh does that make me happy!  There were so many friends here and I tried hard not to bark and to be on my best behavior.  After all of this I just got to thinking….

How many people in this world can just say “yes” to doing something forever?  I think there is a word called “commitment” that people use.  I really don’t know what that means, but Sr. K says it means that when you say you’ll do something that you stick with it and don’t give up when things get hard.  That is something difficult for me to understand because us dogs just move on when things don’t work out for us.  For people it is different because they are supposed to know what commitment means. 

In the meantime as Sr. K says, “stay the course, keep your eyes on God and have faith that everything will work out” because God will never let any of us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment