Friday, February 5, 2016

Abby in the Abbey: Big Blizzard


Hi everyone! 

I hope you all survived the big blizzard!  It was a little difficult for my Sisters with my having to go outside in that stuff, but we all made it just fine.  I am a little confused by all of the snow that is in my regular path especially since I am not much of a “snow” dog.  At least my fur is pretty long right now and that helps plus my coat that Sr. Marie Andre knitted for me.  Do you know I also have boots?  Well, they are not my favorite either but I’m pretty patient when Sr. K is putting them on me.  Sr. Marie Andre also made me some new ones that I am still getting used to wearing but they feel pretty good in this cold weather!



I was thinking the other day that the Sisters are getting ready for something called “Lent”.  Maybe this snow is God’s way of telling us that He is in charge of things and not people (or dogs either).  We get to thinking that we can control all kinds of things in our lives but as the Sisters keep telling me, we have to depend on God for everything!  Even the bad stuff is good for us in some way and that is really hard for me to understand.   Sr. K says it is a way that God can teach us how to have something called “faith”.    

So I just want to say that I hope everyone has a good experience of Lenten preparation for growing in “faith” and for realizing that God is in charge of everything!  I’m going to try and grow up a little myself but I need help from people to do that.  It is a very slow process! 

Love,
Abby

1 comment: