Monday, June 22, 2015

Abby in the Abbey: New Resolution



It’s about time I get another note out to everyone!  Time just flies around the Monastery these days!  The Sisters are busy getting ready for their special day called “Dessert with the Sisters”, and I for sure know what DESSERT means!  I’m one of those dogs that loves to eat so whenever something happens that involves food I’m really excited.  Sr. K says that the Sisters are hoping that lots of people come and visit with them and they will have plenty of delicious desserts too!  It is on June 28th from 2-5 p.m. here at the Monastery. 
 
I heard from Sr. K that there are poor people all over the world, but the people in a place called Angola really, really need our help.  Part of the big day will be something called a “silent auction” and I just went with Sr. K to a special room where she is collecting all kinds of wonderful things for the auction.  Lots of them were made by the Sisters so they can help the poor people with their talents.  I checked it all out and was so happy to see everything.  Gosh, so many people want to help and have been real generous.

I get worried sometimes about all of the bad things that happen and then I just have to bark about it to get out my frustrations!  When I see how nice people can be though I really feel good and then I calm down.  My new resolution is to try and see only the good stuff that happens and not focus on things I can’t do anything about.  I think I’ll still have a problem with barking but maybe it will help me think about it first? 

Until next time…have a beautiful summer and relax!
 
~Abby~

No comments:

Post a Comment