Monday, May 4, 2015

Abby in the Abbey: Spring is Here!

 
 
 


Well everyone spring is really here!  I go outside several times a day and just enjoy the smells (especially the rabbits and squirrels but I’ll save that for another time).  This past week a new friend came up and played with me a while.  He is really a handsome guy and I loved running around in the courtyard with him, we had a great time! He is between homes because his family couldn’t keep him anymore.  Sad isn’t it?  But we dogs can live in the moment and keep hoping for better things to come. 
 
Speaking of better things, Sr. K says this is a special time of year for many people because lots of nice things happen like graduations, weddings, and family reunions. I (and the Sisters) hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful time together.  There is something so great about getting together with those we love.  I love my Sisters here and couldn’t imagine living any place else.  I get all the treats I want and all the petting and love too.  It is the simple things that make me happy and I think for most people the simple pleasures are the best ones.  Just sitting outside in this nice weather and enjoying hearing the birds sing and the lovely flowers coming to life. Sr. K and I go for walks around the monastery every day and just soak up the beauty. Maybe I could invite all of my friends reading this to do the same. Take time to smell the roses (and other flowers) and soak up the wonder of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment