Saturday, March 28, 2015

REPROACHES #1 & #2: You Prepared a Cross for your Savior



My People, what have I done to you? How have I offended you? Answer me!


  1. I led you out of Egypt, from slavery to freedom, but you led your Savior to the Cross.


  1. Forty years I led you safely through the desert; I fed you manna from heaven, and led you into a land of plenty, but you led your Savior to the Cross.



The memory of the Exodus was never to be forgotten by the Chosen People; they were to pass it on to future generations; At the last supper, Jesus asks his apostles to preserve the memory of this particular Passover. As the new chosen people, we are to eternally remember the Paschal Mystery. From the cross, Jesus says to us:


Will you forget this moment? will you forget what I freely chose to do in order to redeem you for God; You prepared the cross for me, but I chose to accept it. I did it all for love. I did it for you, that generations to come might hear and remember. I freed you from slavery in Egypt, I provided for all your needs during the forty years in the desert; you did not lack anything, because I was your Savior. Yet you bound My hands and feet in shackles and led Me to be crucified.


In the desert, I kept you safe; I fed you and nourished you; I brought you into a bountiful land; I gave all this to you because you are my people. I had chosen you in love to be mine among all the peoples of the earth. How did you repay me?


You led Me to the cross, I your Savior who stood by you even when you turned away from Me. You rejected Me; you gave Me the cross, a symbol of slavery and shame. But I turned it into a symbol of victory and power, so that you will not forget. In your wanderings, remember to seek me. When you seek me you will find me where you put me - on the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment