Thursday, March 5, 2015

Abby in the Abbey: HOW IS YOUR LENTEN JOURNEY GOING?


Here I am again checking in with everyone now that Lent has started. I’m trying very hard to be a better dog by not bothering the guests and by not barking so much.  I try and try, but then something comes up and distracts me and I do the stuff I said I would not be doing!  Sr. K said that St. Paul talks about that too in one of his letters….”why do I do what I don’t want to do and don’t do what I should do?” or something like that.  Sounds kind of complicated to me, but at any rate I am doing my best. 
I think that is the best thing anyway.  Give it your best in everything you do.  Try hard not to make mistakes even if you know it will happen.  Us dogs know that already, but since we are able to give unconditional love even when people hurt us that may be an example that people could take from us?  Just a thought. 
Did you know that there are people out there trying to help dogs and cats from being hurt?  Sr. K says that there will soon be a place where they can go to get help and she and some other nice people are working hard to make that happen.  I think she calls it a “shelter”.  If you all would please pray that they can finish this “shelter” that would be awesome.  They are a little short of money (whatever that is) but they have something called “faith” and I have a feeling that “faith” is a very, very good thing to have!
Till next time...
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment