Monday, March 30, 2015

Abby in the Abbey: Holy Week




Hi everyone!  It looks like it is time for me to write again!  The Sisters told me that this week is a very special week for everyone because it is called “Holy Week”.  I don’t really know what that means except that the Sisters get more serious and they pray even more than usual.  
Sr. K said that I have to be alone more during this week because they will be in the chapel pretty often and since I am not allowed there I have to be patient and wait for them.  
I was thinking…maybe that is what Holy Week is about…something called “patient waiting”.  Sr. K says that Jesus tried so hard to tell His message about forgiveness and being patient with each other but most people didn’t understand Him and didn’t want to understand either!  
Just like us dogs we want what we want and we want it now!  Us dogs have to wait until someone gets around to giving us what we want, but with people, they can kind of make their own decisions about being patient with things in their lives.  
So, the Sisters are patiently waiting for the Resurrection this coming Easter Sunday.  I only understand that I have to wait with them for all the good things that come with the Resurrection and lend a supporting paw when someone needs it.

 
~Abby~

No comments:

Post a Comment